If you’re a registered nurse looking for an adventure, consider travel nursing in New York! The state has a lot to offer, from busy cities to beautiful natural landscapes. In this article, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about New York travel nurse jobs.
What are Travel Nurse Jobs?
Travel nurse jobs are short-term assignments that typically last 13 weeks. Nurses are hired by staffing agencies to work in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities across the country. Travel nurses are in high demand, especially in states like New York with a shortage of healthcare professionals.
Why Choose New York for Travel Nursing?
New York is a diverse state with plenty of opportunities for travel nurses. Here are a few reasons why you should consider New York:
- New York City: The city that never sleeps offers endless entertainment and cultural experiences
- Natural landscapes: From the Adirondack Mountains to Niagara Falls, New York has plenty of beautiful scenery to explore
- Historical sites: New York played a key role in the American Revolution and has plenty of historical landmarks to visit
- Food: New York is known for its diverse and delicious cuisine, from bagels and pizza to ethnic dishes from around the world
How to Find New York Travel Nurse Jobs
There are many staffing agencies that specialize in travel nursing, including several that offer positions in New York. Some of the top staffing agencies for travel nurses include:
- American Mobile Healthcare
- Cross Country Nurses
- Fusion Medical Staffing
- Nurses PRN
- Travel Nurse Across America
You can also search for travel nursing jobs on job boards like Indeed, Monster, and Glassdoor. Make sure to read reviews of different staffing agencies and ask plenty of questions before accepting a job offer.
Requirements for New York Travel Nurse Jobs
To work as a travel nurse in New York, you must have a valid nursing license in the state. You’ll also need to meet the requirements of the facility where you’ll be working, which may include a background check, drug screening, and up-to-date vaccinations.
Some facilities prefer travel nurses with at least one year of experience in a specific specialty, such as intensive care or emergency room nursing. However, there are also opportunities for new graduates and nurses with less experience.
Benefits of New York Travel Nurse Jobs
Travel nursing offers many benefits, including:
- Higher pay: Travel nurses typically earn more than staff nurses, with hourly rates ranging from $30-$60 depending on location and specialty
- Bonuses: Many staffing agencies offer sign-on, completion, and referral bonuses
- Flexibility: Travel nurses can choose where and when they work, allowing them to explore new places and take time off between assignments
- Professional development: Travel nurses gain experience in different healthcare settings and learn new skills
- Networking: Travel nurses meet healthcare professionals from around the country and build their professional networks
If you’re a registered nurse looking for an exciting and rewarding career, consider travel nursing in New York. With a diverse range of experiences and opportunities, you’re sure to have an adventure you’ll never forget!
|New York State Nursing License Requirements
|Travel Nursing Staffing Agencies
What is a travel nurse?
A travel nurse is a registered nurse who takes short-term assignments in healthcare facilities across the country.
What are the requirements for travel nursing in New York?
Travel nurses must have a valid nursing license in New York and meet the requirements of the facility where they’ll be working.
How much do travel nurses make in New York?
Travel nurses typically earn higher hourly rates than staff nurses, with rates ranging from $30-$60 depending on location and specialty.
What are the benefits of travel nursing?
Travel nursing offers higher pay, bonuses, flexibility, professional development, and networking opportunities.
What staffing agencies offer travel nursing jobs in New York?
Some of the top staffing agencies for travel nurses in New York include American Mobile Healthcare, Cross Country Nurses, Fusion Medical Staffing, Nurses PRN, and Travel Nurse Across America.