If you’re a frequent traveler and looking to earn rewards on your stays, then the IHG Rewards Traveler Card might be the right choice for you. With a great sign-up bonus, numerous rewards and perks, and no annual fee, this card is perfect for anyone who wants to earn rewards on their travels without breaking the bank. In this comprehensive guide, we will discuss the benefits, drawbacks, and everything you need to know about the IHG Rewards Traveler Card.
Benefits of IHG Rewards Traveler Card
The IHG Rewards Traveler Card offers some great benefits including:
- Sign-up bonus: 60,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- No annual fee
- Automatic elite status: Cardholders receive automatic Gold Elite status which includes benefits such as room upgrades, priority check-in, and late check-out
- Reward earning rate: Earn up to 15 points per dollar spent at IHG hotels and 2 points per dollar spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
Drawbacks of IHG Rewards Traveler Card
While the IHG Rewards Traveler Card has some great benefits, there are also a few drawbacks to consider:
- Limited redemption options: The points earned through this card can only be redeemed for stays at IHG hotels
- No 0% introductory APR: This card does not offer a 0% introductory APR on purchases or balance transfers
- Foreign transaction fee: This card charges a 3% foreign transaction fee on all purchases made outside of the United States
How to Maximize Your Rewards
If you want to get the most out of your IHG Rewards Traveler Card, here are a few tips:
- Stay at IHG hotels: The best way to earn the most points is to stay at IHG hotels, which will earn you up to 15 points per dollar spent
- Use your card for gas, groceries, and dining: You’ll earn 2 points per dollar spent on these purchases
- Take advantage of the sign-up bonus: Spend $2,000 in the first three months to earn the 60,000-point sign-up bonus
|What is the sign-up bonus for the IHG Rewards Traveler Card?
|The sign-up bonus is 60,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
|What is the reward earning rate?
|You can earn up to 15 points per dollar spent at IHG hotels and 2 points per dollar spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.
|What is the foreign transaction fee?
|This card charges a 3% foreign transaction fee on all purchases made outside of the United States.
The IHG Rewards Traveler Card is a great option for frequent travelers who want to earn rewards on their stays without paying an annual fee. With a generous sign-up bonus, automatic elite status, and a great reward earning rate, this card is worth considering if you frequently stay at IHG hotels. However, if you’re looking for more redemption options or a 0% introductory APR, this might not be the best fit for you. Take your time to do your research before applying for any credit card to ensure it fits your needs and preferences.